Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Basic Stripes

(no preview)

I got a few compliments on a striped background paper I used in a layout I posted on Raks. I didn't make the paper but I do understand the concept of how it was made. I love that paper too, part of the Winter Fantasy Kit from VLemons. Wish I had a link to her site but I downloaded it a while ago. If someone knows, post it in the comments section.

Anyway, some scrapbooking programs don't have a stripe feature, or maybe you are bored with it's limitations. If you are like me, you get a bit lazy and want them made up in advance.

71- 3600x3600 striped overlays. Solid colors, multi-colored and layered stripes to accent your backgrounds. They are just simple stripes of color, no drop shadows or textures.

You can squish them down to 3600x1500 for another effect, tuck a photo corner under an edge of one stripe, squish them down even more to make an interesting border or ribbon. Layer with other overlays (background/stripe/overlay or background/overlay/stripe). Hey, go crazy, place the stripes right over your photo.

Don't let the tiny zip fool you - unzipped this packs a 4 meg punch. Download Basic Stripes.

I'm working on another set of stripes, layering more thick and thin stripes, like in that layout. I just had to get these up and get out the door. (Not looking forward to leaving, every school for miles is closed due to cold temps, but I have stuff to mail and a house to clean.)

5 comments:

angela said...

thanks Holly these look like they'll help me a lot!

Scrapcat4914 said...

TYS now I just got to find time to try them! LOL

Josie said...

Wow! So many! Thanks so much Holly. These are wonderful!

Anonymous said...

too wierd i had a 56 mb file from the link some kind of patch
i did get the smaller file
thanks
donna

Pixel Scribe said...

Thanks a bunch :)