Saturday, May 10, 2008

Wooden Glob Alpha


These remind me of the puddles of polyurethane that collected on a table we had a few years back. My other half was in the middle of restoring it and one of our curious kids dumped over the unsealed container.

I originally intended to make these into glittery goops of glue but hit my grain fill instead of glitter. I liked it. So have fun with this complete alpha set here.

AND...

The Wooden Tag alphas were made the same way but there's two colors of grain to choose from - light and dark. Included are a few frame tags as well. Both colors are all in one zip. The glob alpha link is above if you missed it.

These are perfect uploads for me today. Despite falling in the river a few times, I spent a good part of my day in the woods cleaning up after a small local lumber company and their garbage. Apparently, their parking lot frequently has a ton of garbage floating around. When they plow snow, they push it to the side up against a chain link fence. Debri is getting pushed under that fence which rolls downhill into the river. Most of our river clean up volunteers were under the age of 18. It was a fabulous time and the weather was picture perfect.

I'm sure some of you are wondering... the 2 most popular finds were styrofoam cups and the plastic from cigarette packs. Strangest find for me was a backpack and 17 golf balls. Coolest find was an old Pepsi poptab can (very bad shape). Scariest was working in all the poison ivy. I'm highly allergic. (No itching yet, so far so good.) Others found a big tractor tire, a dresser, tv and a lamp, all in the river. It was neat working with a group of kids I didn't know and at one of our towns most important historical places. It was the location of the campsite where our founding fathers first stayed when visiting our area in the early 1820's. The kids had asked if I knew what the historical marker was about and I was the right person to answer it as I volunteer at the museum often. Not only did they get a lesson in teamwork and cherishing our wonderful state and keeping it clean, they got a history lesson. The kids also enjoyed watching the pair of mallards in the river watching us.

3 comments:

Maria said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today.

HarleyGirl said...

thanks for the wooden alphas. sounds like you had a wet and dirty job, but a great experience with the kids

Jody said...

These are fabulous. I am not a fan of "glitter" so am happy you hit the "glob" button. LOL

That is so great the you were part of the river clean up and could also offer the kids a history lesson. Do you think we will ever get people to stop littering!