Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Deloris Kit Revisited


I uploaded another old kit to the Ditters Archive tonight. The earthy greens, browns, yellows and oranges might not be your cup of tea. If not, many of the items can successfully be recolored, simply by using the hue settings. I know with Gimp there are many options (as well as locations for those options) for changing the color. Whatever program you are using, play with them and see what you like. Make sure you examine your image up close at 100% before settling on a color choice. Sometimes the changes effect the shadows, midtones and highlights differently and on rare occasions it even does this thing I call "oil staining". It doesn't look good. At 25% it might look fine, I just think that any project needs a zoomed examination before committing. Go refill your coffee even. Come back and give it another look.

It's late. Time for me to go to bed. Deloris' sister kit Doris has some issues so I will update that soon and get it up. Don't ask me why I have papers at 1200 pixels and 2000. I know my older stuff was smaller because I didn't know better, but by the time I did Deloris and Doris, I knew to make them 12 inches.

Good night all!

No comments: